Sunday, December 27, 2009

Buy Flashy Quackers Family Gift Set


These cute little flashing ducks arrived by the date promised. Curiously upon opening the shipping box in which they arrived, there were a couple of them already flashing in their packaging box. I immediately wondered how long these little guys had been flashing, which led to the natural question of how much LONGER will they flash?

I inspected the items to make sure they would all flash. To do this one must touch two little anodes on the bottom of these little flashing ducks. Understanding this, I wondered why they did not package these ducks so that these ducks were not activated during shipping. I also inspected the ducks to see if it would be possible to replace the internal battery... no such luck, they are sealed shut!

I bought these for my 4yr old and 1 yr old daughters to play with during bath time. Understanding that these are activated by the little protruding anodes on the bottom of the ducks, I made sure to store these ducks unnaturally on their sides,they are of course designed/balanced to sit upright. This MUST be done to stop the flashing and preserve what little battery life these little guys have left after flashing non-stop during shipping I presume.

The first duck stopped flashing after about a total of three hours broken up in approximately 30 minute increments. The others seem to mourn the loss of the dead duck and shortly thereafter followed suit. Oh well.

They still float though. But then again, so does my Ivory soap. If the batteries were replaceable this product would be a winner. But since they arrived flashing, I feel like I paid for usage I did not get.Get more detail about Flashy Quackers Family Gift Set.

No comments:

Post a Comment